This community has been moved to the Desktop Authority Management Suite community @ Quest.com, where you’ll find knowledge base articles, product videos and blogs, and a forum where you can ask questions and exchange ideas with our product team and peers.
Customization is the toughest part of maintaining an environment that keeps users productive. You have to make every desktop, whether physical or virtual, exactly right for each user without crushing IT administration resources that are already stretched to the limit. Desktop Authority gives you a single console to configure, manage, secure and support each user's unique workspace - including the most targeted mix possible of resources, security requirements, applications, peripherals and even Outlook settings - wherever that user logs in. Desktop Authority complements traditional desktop management - focused on software deployment and asset tracking - with true user environment management for companies of all sizes and all infrastructures. It allows you to manage the user environment across:
- Devices: Desktop Authority minimizes the hassles of deploying and securing devices by customizing devices at the first log-in; it configures the firewall and controls browser security for physical, virtual and published Windows environments.
- Applications: Desktop Authority ensures applications are always available by helping you keep them running, configure shortcuts, customize settings and maintain access to network resources.
- Identities: Desktop Authority shapes the user environment to the user identity, instantly configuring drives, printers, folders, shortcuts, Outlook profiles and more all tailored to the user's unique needs.
- Real-time Targeting Engine: Desktop Authority tailors settings and configurations by user, computer, network address or dozens of other criteria using its patented Validation Logic targeting engine.
- User Environment Configuration: Desktop Authority configures access to company resources, manages security settings, configures Outlook profiles and Office settings, customizes registry settings and more.
- Windows Environment Management: Desktop Authority takes control of the Windows environment controlling power schemes and inactivity settings.
- Device Security: Desktop Authority prevents security problems where they're most likely to occur: at the desktop. Set security policies, manage the firewall, lock inactive computers and manage browser security and privacy settings for machines, applications and data.
- Remote User Support: Desktop Authority's ExpertAssist remote management system allows you to manage more than 40 computer tasks without interrupting the user, including accessing system information, controlling processes, running remote command-line commands, copying files and more.