- Go to the Kace Web UI and click K1000 Settings>>Control Panel>>Network Settings
- Go to Email Configuration
- Select Enable SMTP Server
- Type in smtp.office365.com for Server
- Enter the Username (which in our example would be K1000@BCS036.onmicrosoft.com)
- Enter the Password you created for that mailbox
- Make sure the port is 587
- Enable Service Desk POP3 Server
- Click Save and the server will reboot
- Make the Alt Email Address reflect the help email address you previously created on your Office 365 server (in our example it would be helpdesk@BCS036.onmicrosoft.com)
- For POP3 Server you will typically use outlook.office365.com
- For POP3 User / Password provide the credentials and password you use for the ALT Email in Step 1
- For SMTP Server the value is going to be smtp.office365.com and port is 587
With these steps in place both inbound and outbound mail should flow between the KACE appliance and Office 365. Since a firewall will typically intervene, you will need to ensure outbound ports 587 and 110 are open from the KACE appliance to the Internet. If you are using SSL on your KACE appliance, POP3 will use port 995.
One last consideration is whether you want the KACE appliance to accept emails from unknown users, or only from accounts with a matching email address.
By default the KACE appliance does NOT accept emails from unknown users. If you wish to change that then go to Queue Configuration and click on the Accept Email from unknown users check box.