Problem: Microsoft releases a hotfix (.msu file) that needs to be applied to systems that are vulnerable.
- Download the hotfix file from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460922
- In this case, run the .exe file to extract the hotfix .msu file.
- Install the hotfix on a test machine and force a check-in/inventory update to the K1000.
- Upload the .msu file to the software inventory item titled "Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB2460922)". It will be under View By>Type>Patch Software.
- Select any operating systems you wish to deploy to in the software item.
- Create a MI using the following parameters:
- Select "Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB2460922)" in the software drop-down.
- Select the radio button for "Configure Manually".
- For the installation command, use: wusa.exe /quiet /norestart Windows6.1-KB2460922-v2-x64.msu
NOTE: To see how to get the options, see the section below the MI.
- Check the box for "Don't Prepend msiexec.exe".
- Set the managed action to "Execute Anytime".
- Assign machines that need to have the hotfix applied.
- Set any other parameters that are needed.
Once the targeted systems run the MI, the patch will show up in computer inventory under Software>Installed Patches via Inventory.
wusa.exe installer options:
From a command prompt, type wusa.exe and one of the following will give you the installer options: /?, /h or /help