When you share your happy moment images with your buddies or colleagues by posting them on social networking platforms, at that time, the EXIF data of the images also got shared with them. However, if you are worried about your privacy and confidentiality of images or you don't want to share when and where you took those pictures. Then it will be recommended to remove EXIF data from images. If you are searching for the recommended tips and tricks to see an Image's EXIF Data in Windows and in the MAC operating system to remove data from photos. Then you are at the right spot. This article will guide you with a prescribed set of steps to help you view and remove EXIF data.
So, let us discuss the best possible methods to remove data from photos without any further delay. But, before embarking on the methods, we will have a glimpse of the concept of EXIF data.
EXIF or Exchangeable Image File Format is a significant hidden data recorded while capturing an image with a smartphone or windows or MAC device camera. EXIF data has details about the when, where, and device the image has been captured.
Even the image reveals specific information like exposure settings, lens size, etc. The EXIF data feature is inbuilt in Windows and Mac devices, whereas for Android or iOS, the user needs to download and install the app.
View EXIF Data On Windows And MacOS?
user needs to follow the enlisted steps for MacOS or Windows system:
If you are a Mac user, you can access the EXIF data using the inbuilt MacOS finder application. It will display all the information, like when the file is created and accessed by the user and all other technical data.
● Right-click on the desired image and select to get the details about the basic EXIF data.
● The above step will display an information dialogue box where the user can view all the required information.
● For detailed EXIF data, the user can click on the More info Tab.
● Moreover, for viewing the full EXIF data of an image, the user has to use the Preview app.
● Open the Preview app and right-click on the image, and choose open with preview app for viewing the data.
● Once Preview appears on the screen, select the tools option followed by the Show Inspector option from the toolbar menu.
● Click the info icon in the Inspector window to view the entire EXIF data of the image.
additional EXIF data is available in the info tabs on either side of the EXIF
tab. It also depends on the image type and model of the camera.
Steps for viewing EXIF Data on Windows
If you are using Windows OS, you can use Windows File Explorer to view an image's EXIF data from its Properties Window.
● All you have to right-click on the preferred image in Windows File Explorer and select the Properties option.
● In the properties dialogue box, click on the Details tab. After that, you will view EXIF data information like size, resolution, and other additional details of the image.
File Explorer will give you the desired result, but users can also try the Best
EXIF viewers to edit and remove EXIF data on MacOS and Windows.
user needs to follow the below-listed steps to remove data from photos.
Steps for How to remove EXIF data from Windows System
Window users can easily remove data from photos either by using an inbuilt app or third party software.
You need to follow the enlisted steps:
● Open the Windows File Explorer.
● Now open the image folder and right-click on the desired image you want to remove EXIF data, followed by the Properties option.
● Once the Properties dialogue box opens, click on the Detail tab, and you will get the EXIF details. There you can see an option at the bottom named "Remove Properties and Personal Information." Select it.
● On the screen, two options will appear to remove data from photos. If you select the first option, it will remove all possible EXIF data, and the second one will give you the option to choose the desired data for removal.
selecting the data, click OK.
Steps For How To Remove EXIF Data From MacOS -
MacOS does not have any inbuilt program to remove EXIF data, but Mac users can revoke the camera settings and disable the device's location feature.
You need to perform the following steps:
● Open the Photo in Preview followed by a selection of Show Inspector from the Tools tab.
● You will see a tab named EXIF thrusts into view if the selected file has EXIF data.
● Now disable the location by tapping the location option followed by hiding the location.
EXIF data reveals everything about the image, which can be problematic for the Windows or MacOS user. However, in this write-up, we have listed some steps by which users can easily view and remove EXIF data.
If still, you are facing difficulty, try Best EXIF viewers to edit and remove EXIFdata on MacOS and Windows.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for reading!