You’ll notice a distinct software focus in this month’s update…
- We have introduced a new Software Library home page rather than dumping you directly to filtered search results so as to better explain the feature and offer some insight as to what is new and trending.
- On submission forms, software references are requested separate from other tags. Now you can optionally choose "Mentioned Software" and "Tags" separately for clarity and to encourage associating content with software so it can be appropriately referenced within the Software Library.
- Any selections made for "Mentioned Software" are shown as tags and behave as tags throughout the site so to identifying them as a tag with a home in the Software Library we have differentiated the style of these tags by including an icon image
- Software can now be tagged within the Software Library. Tag software with categorical references or related software to tie like software listings to one another.
- We have added a software tab to the site's tag pages so you can focus in on any software listings associated with any given tag throughout the site
- When browsing by company you can now perform a keyword search for company names as previously offered only when browsing by software title.
- When adding a new listing to the Software Library you are automatically taken to that page so you can leave a tip without having to find your way there manually
- Trending software lists are now more carefully calculated to weight the importance of various factors contributing to its popularity
- The ability to embed YouTube and Vimeo videos in blog posts has been updated to account for new embed code changes implemented by those sites
- We corrected situations where the tipster patch (awarded for posting 5 tips to the Software Library) was not being awarded. Anyone due this patch will have it awarded upon submission of their next tip.
- Other minor fixes and enhancements
Over the next few weeks, we will be focused on internal updates that will not affect result in the introduction or enhancement of any new features. As such it may appear we miss next month's regular introduction of new and improved features, but rest assured everyone is still very hard at work! As always, feedback is encouraged via our UserVoice forum!