Dell is committed to becoming a leader in software -- yes, you heard that right: software. And not by just (re)selling other vendor's software, but by creating software by Dell. We've got a jumpstart on this from a series of recent (and likely upcoming) acquisitions of companies that have been successful at delivering great software. With the value of the Dell brand, world-wide market penetration, and an incredible sales and delivery engine, these software acquisitions are experiencing continued (explosive) growth.
The individual that we are looking to hire is passionate about software with an appreciation for delivering software with the customer in mind. Someone who enjoys the combination QA testing, supporting an awesome development team in design and architecture as well as managing a team.
- Development and management of test plans; this includes requirements gathering, execution, project reviews and closure.
- Design, documentation and execution of test cases
- Reporting of test results: clearly communicating program status, issues, risks, plans, etc. to senior management
- Recording and reporting of metrics as well as establishing benchmarks
- Establishing and coordinating geographically distributed testing activities
- Drives the continuous improvement of software test productivity and effectiveness
- Function as the test design expert and provide technical leadership for other QA team members
- Mentoring new engineers
- 7+ years Software Product QA experience including 5+ years experience leading onsite and offshore teams
- Extensive experience with web-based testing, security testing on web applications and data-centric testing
- Experience with databases
- Strong, in depth knowledge and hands-on experience of at least one of the following platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Unix
- Experience with a scripting language such as Perl, VB Script, Power shell
- Experience with defect tracking applications and test case repositories
- Experience with VMware Operating System virtualization technologies
- Exposure to QA automation tools and tools for performance testing.
- Experience in leading different software development life cycles - waterfall, iterative, agile etc
- Experience with software engineering tools and processes
- Understanding of formal software test design techniques