UPDATE 8/9/2019: Applications are no longer being accepted for the 10.0 beta program. We sincerely thank you all for your interest! Please stay tuned for the future beta program announcements!
We are excited to announce that version 10.0 of the KACE Systems Management Appliance (SMA) is almost ready for the Beta/Release Candidate program. The Beta program is invaluable in making sure that we are shipping the highest quality product we possibly can.
If you are interested in participating in the Beta/Release Candidate program, please fill out the information at the bottom and email it to: KACE_BETA@quest.com
Note that there are a few prerequisites for participants:
- Must be on SMA v9.1.x
- Agents must be 9.x
- The beta upgrade must be run in a Production environment for the length of the beta program
- Upon completion of the beta, candidates must upgrade to the general availability (GA) release within 30 days
- Must allow appliance tethering (port 22/SSH outbound tunnel) back to KACE for the Release Candidate Team - Phase 1 Candidates Only
- Note: Tether is required for phase 1 beta ("white glove"). If tether is not an option, candidates will be placed in phase 2 beta.
- Must be willing to schedule installation at a specific date and time that works for you
Feature Highlights of the v10.0 release
- Ticket Templates - Each queue now has the ability to present a customized ticket form of the available ticket fields for that queue
- The layout of these views can be customized with a drag and drop editor
- Conditional logic may be applied to each field to determine its visibility and associated permissions
- The templates can be available only to a label-guided set of users
- Remote control support - Integration with 3rd party SimpleHelp for remote control management across Windows, Mac, and Linux systems
- HyperV and SCVMM support - manage HyperV and SCVMM hosts and guests the same way as you can for VMware
- Centralized log storage - Save logs (syslog) to a centralized server such as one for security information and event management to eliminate the need to download them to long term storage as needed for IA and other compliance requirements. Example: Splunk users
- SAML authentication - Provide a method of Single Sign On that is not limited to Active Directory/LDAP environment
- Schedule asset import via CSV - Schedule asset import/update via a CSV file that sits on a network share. Similar to scheduled LDAP import, the customer can define the fields to be mapped and have the KBOX regularly check for the CSV which is updated by the customer
- Asset Deletion - add flag to prevent asset deletion for non-administrator users
- Asset Status - Add asset status support to asset import
- End user patching options - Introduce more snooze options to the end user
- Improved detect and deploy functionality
- Bulk scan barcode actions - Offer the ability to scan multiple barcodes and perform a mass update or creation
- Asset status support
If you are interested in participating in the Beta/Release Candidate program, please fill out the information below and email it to <10.0 BETA PROGRAM REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED>
~ # of Endpoints:
10.0 Feature(s) of Interest:
Serial Number (for Tether):
NOTE: The serial number requested is found by clicking the "circled-i" info icon at the bottom-right of the Need Help? pop-out menu. The license key is not needed.