Is there a way to trigger a form with a service desk request?
If a user chooses a certain ticket type in Service Desk, I would like to require the user to submit additional information...possibly with a form.
If a user is requesting a report from our database administrator, I would like to require additional information on that request.
Please share any thoughts....thank you!
Please log in to answer
Posted by: Hobbsy 5 years ago
You could always use an additional queue with custom ticket layout specifically as the form you require, and then create a process that will make the initial ticket the parent, and create the second ticket in the additional queue. So the flow would be:
- Customer makes a request
- Helpdesk tech logs the ticket and selects Choose Action - Convert to process
- Child ticket is created in additional queue with only request fields in
- Customer is emailed to ask them to complete the form
- Customer completes form in end user console
- Custom ticket rule closes the child ticket when filled in and transfers relevant data to parent
- Tech completes request and closes Parent ticket
It is a little "Clumsy" but it is an option