I need some help to figure out how to deploy this new and fresh update of Java, the Java 8 Update 20.
I red somewhere there are some new features and what I can say is that I am no more able to deploy this software as before.
We are a school with thousands of Microsoft computers and I use to deploy Java Runtime over the GPO.
What I did in the past is:
1) download Windows x86 Offline source from here:
Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads
2) run the installer in a test computer
3) get the msi & data files in the extracted folder here:
4) deploy using a script over group policy objects
Today, with the new Java 8 Update 20, it doesn't work anymore, the sources files under C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java, are completely different.
I red here that we can get a msi file directly without having to extract it as I did:
JRE Installation for Microsoft Windows
It says that we can get these files:
- MSI Enterprise Installer (for both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems):
I never heard about them before and would like to get them for sure but I can't find them.
Please, I need help, whether to find these files or to deploy the new Java 8 Update 20.