K1000 does not display agent reboot prompt until the very end of patch job
03/19/2015 4200 views
I am new to Kace but have been experimenting and setting it up for a few months. I have all my end-user computers (laptops only) in inventory and mostly ready to take over patching. Here's my problem. Let's say for example a patch job is running on one laptop to push 30 patches, in this example we turned off Windows updates with GPO:
- The kbox pushes 10 of these patches but needs to reboot the computer before the job can continue
- I assume it would display the reboot prompt agent pop up but it doesn't, it just sits there and waits
- I need to manually reboot the computer
- When it boots back up the patch job continues and installs more patches (if it's still in the scheduled time window; if not, suspended)
- It then sits there again and I must manually reboot. Only when the kbox pushes the last batch of patches and needs a reboot does it display the agent pop up.
Now I turned off the Windows Updates GPO, when a batch of patches is pushed and Kace needs the computer to reboot, I get the usual Windows Updates reboot prompt. No reboot prompt agent pop up. Still I get the agent pop up with Windows Updates enabled only when the final batch of patches is pushed.
I have a case open with Kace support. Am I missing something?