/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png
03/15/2018 818 views
I'm running a K1000, version 7.0. I noticed that the Adobe Creative Cloud software that was pushed out through SCCM shows up in the K1000 software inventory as the name of the application deployment. I checked one of the Windows 10 clients to see if that happened in the Programs control panel or installation folder, but those showed the correct Adobe software names. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Or maybe it's been fixed in a later version (I'll be updating in the next couple of weeks).

Thanks.
1 Comment   [ + ] Show comment

Comments

  • What is in Programs and Features does not matter for the K1 agent.

    The K1 agent determines if a software is installed or not, by scanning the Windows Registry.

    The problem is, Adobe is a company that tends to use the EXACT SAME key for different software, no idea why they do that...

    So the same key can be in used for Adobe Reader DC and Adobe Reader Standard.... that happens...

    You may want to contact support with your inquiry , but this is not entirely a KACE issue, I have seen what you are seeing, only with Adobe software.
    • Thanks, Channeler. This problem is slightly different, but I did figure out a fix (bottom of post).

      All of the individual programs that are part of CC are inventoried correctly (including Acrobat). But a copy of CC that is downloaded from Adobe shows up in software inventory as Adobe Creative Cloud <version>, whereas the copy pushed out by SCCM shows up in inventory as UNC-ACC-ENT-2018.

      However, I suspect now that it has something to do with the Adobe packager that our campus SCCM guy used to build it for the push. I searched the registry (since you mentioned that) and found the DisplayName reg entries in a few places. After changing them and forcing inventory, they show up with the name I gave.

There are no answers at this time