/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

KACE K1000 inadvertently patched all devices instead of selected device labels.

I had scheduled KACE to patch specific device labels this weekend but it inadvertently patched all devices instead.


Upon email alerts after several servers rebooted, I was able to cancel the patching from System UI > Support > Agent Tasks.


I have opened a ticket with KACE and sent them agent kapturestate logs.


My questions:


1) Has this happened to any of you ?


2) What do I search in KACE Agent Logs to pinpoint the root cause ?


3) Is there any place else I can check ?


Much appreciated.


endlessknot. 



2 Comments   [ + ] Show comments
  • Did you double check the patching schedule labels? Any chance the patch all computer checkbox is checked? - chucksteel 3 years ago
    • Yes, I did double check all my schedules and none of them has "All Devices" checked. - endlessknot 3 years ago
  • Are you sure your labels are working as expected? Were you using Manual labels or Smart labels? If you go into the labels, do you see only the devices you wanted to target? - JasonEgg 3 years ago
    • Our KACE K1000 version in 7.1

      With KACE Support's help, Tech noticed a Patch Job Schedule did not have the particular server name under Devices.

      I made a mistake by not specifying a device under “Devices”

      If no device is selected then KACE patching will run against all devices which is apparently what happened. Tech thinks version 8.1 will resolve this issue.

      Thank you everyone. - endlessknot 3 years ago

Answers (0)

Be the first to answer this question

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ