Manage Policies Using K1000
02/07/2018 809 views
How to change Security Policy using K1000? Such as, Rename Administrator, Disable Guest Account, Enable Logon Audit, Account Lockout Threshold, etc.
Basically things that can be done using Group Policy
Answer Chosen by the Author
Please log in to answer
To answer my own question, I end up using secedit /export to to export all configured policies like explained in below article:
What I've done was:
1. Prepare one Windows 2012 VM, and then configure the policies just like usual using gpedit
2. Once done, export it using command: secedit /export /cfg mytemplate.inf /log mylog.txt
3. If there are no errors, copy the "mytemplate.inf". If you open that file, you will find alot of value, filter it and only keep parameter that you needed
4. And to import it to target PC, copy the "mytemplate.inf" and issue the following command:
secedit /configure /db secedit.sdb /cfg mytemplate.inf /overwrite
5. Check gpedit, the parameter should have changed based on the the template.
Answered 04/29/2018 by: hendra.tommy