Software Deployment Question
Microsoft Office 2013 x64 bit Installation issues
09/14/2016 1652 views
We have scenario. We are planning to migrate the users from Office 2010 32bit to Office 2013 64bit.
And we are encountering few challenges mentioned below and along with work around we did.
1. Office 2013 x64 bit won't install on the machines where 32bit office components exists. For example, Microsoft Visio 32bit, Project or share point designer etc.
Work around: We have identified the machines which has 32bit components and trigerred uninstallation of those components prior to Office 2013 x64 installation.
2. We have packaged Office 2013 x64 in such a way that, it will upgrade the existing Office 2010 32bit. But on some machines installation failing and leaving the machine with corrupted Office 2010. In this scenario, we can't even manually uninstall Office 2010 and install Office 2013.
Work around: We are using Microsoft Fixit utility to clean up the broken office application. Then proceeding to install Office 2013.
3. Machines keep going for reboot when we trigger installation of Office 2013 even after rebooting the system.
Couldn't find the root cause yet.
Can anyone clarify on the below.
1. How Office 2013 setup analyze whether if there is a 32bit office component present on the machine. I mean, what or where it will check file/registry etc.
2. Why Office 2010 is getting corrupted and it will prevent to uninstall manually also from control panel.
3. Why machine keep going for reboot immediately when trigger installation.
4. Are there any logs to check and troubleshoot Office 2013 installations. If so where these logs getting stored.