New image don`t work in K2000
A lot of complicated steps to get an image when KACE will do it for you.
1. Load your OS up to K2 using Media Mgr.
2. Create a Scripted Install for the OS & use the basic sysprep provided by K2.
3. Perform a scripted install onto the computer you want.
4. Update the computer with all updates from MS, install any other programs, etc...
5. Capture an image (NO SYSPREP) of machine up to K2. This image can be used on the same model PC for updating/testing/etc. & just in case the image you are working on get's messed up.
6. After the Image has been captured - create a sysprep file by using the ITNinja Sysprep Creator tool (very easy).
7. Sysprep the machine and shutdown.
8. Capture an image of the syspreped machine to the K2.
9. After it's done - startup the syspreped machine and see if it completes all the way. If it does - that's a Good first step.
10. Deploy the captured image BACK to the machine and test again to see if sysprep works and it starts.
Check out the Building a Generic Image and Windows 7 Golden image creation doc's.