packaging itunes with customised itunesprefs.xml is killing me
I am trying to package itunes 11.3 and almost have it. I have included the 2 customised itunesprefs.xml files and have these copied to the system at install time and then using the duplicatefiles table, I have them copied to their respective local and roaming folders under the users appdata.
All works fine when installing it as an admin or via SCCM when it is installed using the installer service. However once it is installed and i try to run it as a standard user the software self repairs. This is what I want to happen. Here's the problem, I see my customised itunesprefs.xml files get copied down but then they get overwritten by itunes generic itunesprefs.xml files and then I get asked to accept the EULA and itunes moans that Bonjour isn't installed. How can I prevent itunes from overwriting the files I have put down ?
Did you create duplicateFile table entries for the below files?
I think I tried the cab route, but when the repair was run the cab file couldn't be found in the cach file because it is stripped out. What is the way to get around this ?
I moved the shortcut-containing feature to be a child of my feature so it repairs each time.
I will check the event viewer to see if it gives me any info.
This is the problem. I have harvested the 2 xml files and included them in my package but in order for them to be copied to the current user iTunes needs to do the repair. This is fine. It is running the repair and my xml files are beig copied down (I can see them) but almost as soon as they are put down, they get overwritten again by iTunes and I get the EULA prompt and Bonjour missing message. I know the files are OK because if I run the package as an admin, the files come down and iTunes opens fine. it is only when the repair runs that iTunes overwrites my files. It looks like iTunes generates the xml files on the fly and I cannot find any reference to them in the msi.