KACE Product Support Question
Trying to Sysprep a Windows 10 pc with the new Fall Creator package already installed.
12/22/2017 2914 views
When I go to sysprep it I get an error that states it can't validate Windows. Has anyone seen this and found a resolution? I've included the error and the log it refers to. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Answer Chosen by the Author
Please log in to answer
In the small print at the top of your picture, there is an error about a Metro app (Autodesk something...) that is installed for one user, but not all. This will cause an error when you go to sysprep.
There are some powershell scripts to delete the App installations, but ultimately, I've found it easiest to
- Disconnect from the network
- create a temporary admin account
- log in with the temp admin account
- delete the profile for your primary admin account
- log back in with your primary admin account, the profile will rebuild from scratch
- delete the temp admin account and it's associated user profile
The preceding steps assume that you don't have other non-default accounts created on the box.
Answered 12/28/2017 by: dstarrisom