Create a batch file that first copies down the license.dat file to the local drive
and then runs "setup.exe -if installer.ini"
Installer.ini has to be edited, with entries like destination folder name, PLP
and location of the license.dat file
It works pretty well.
For the uninstall, run
"c:\program files\Matlabr2009b\uninstall\uninstall.exe" -if "c:\temp\uninstaller.ini"
The uninstaller.ini file is found in c:\program files\Matlabr2009b\uninstall along with uninstall.exe. The ini file needsto be edited.
An automated windows installation of matlab is fairly painless, however that's not the case for the linux version. I contacted mathworks who told me that the linux version had no option for an automated install. In light of this, the following expect script answers all the questions matlab R2009b asks on install.
set timeout -1
spawn ./install -t
expect "Enter the MATLAB root folder >*"
expect "Enter your File Installation Key >*"
expect "Enter a number to toggle installing*"
expect "Do you want to create symbolic links*"
expect "Enter the location for the links*"
expect "Enter the location of the license file >*"
expect "Begin Installation*"
1) Install expect (under debian/ubuntu : "apt-get install expect")
2) paste the above script into matlab.exp
3) move the script to the directory in which you downloaded matlab (/tmp/matlab/unix)
4) make the script executable (chmod +x matlab.exp)
5) execute the script as root or sudo (sudo ./matlab.exp)
6) let it talk to itself for a while. Depending on the computer, this can take up to 15 minutes for a full install with all the toolboxes.
Questions & Answers related to MathWorks Matlab R2009b
Blog posts related to MathWorks Matlab R2009b
Links related to MathWorks Matlab R2009b
Reviews related to MathWorks Matlab R2009b
By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent
Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our
websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our
efforts, please visit