jre-6u16-windows-i586-s.exe /s IEXPLORER=1
Here I published a tutorial for it and many others programs. Please comment on the blog if you have questions.
One of the organisations that i do packaging for required to updates of the same version of java, (The versions are irrelevant as this should be a fix for all versions but they were. JRE 6 update 27 and JRE 6 update 32)
I found a bit of information on the "STATIC=1" command, this command allows java to install in a folder structure that allows for multiple updates of the same version to be installed at once. (ie. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6_27, instead of both versions fighting for the same "jre6" installation folder.
I tried putting the "STATIC=1" switch at the end of the MSI and imbedding it in the property table however after digging around for a while i found that the correct way to set this up is to extract the MSI from the exe with the "STATIC=1" in place. So for windows 7 the process for acquiring the "Static MSI"
1. Run a Admin command prompt window
2. "C:\java6 update X.exe STATIC=1 Whateverotherswitchesyouwant=1"
3. Navigate to the MSI extracted by the installation.
4. Collect your MSI and CAB file :)
5. Then Create a MST and package java the same as normal (other tips in guide should be able to give valuable information here)
Any questions please feel free to send me a PM
Spefdata.com, A Applications Packaging Blog
View inventory records anonymously contributed by opt-in users of the K1000 Systems Management Appliance.