Our BarKode app is used by KACE customers globally to make Asset Management within KACE more effective and easier to use. We are really proud of the functionality that we have built, which includes:
- - Multiple Scan – Create or update multiple assets in seconds, with identical data values such as location or status
- - Secondary Scan – Don’t just scan the Asset Tag, once inside the asset record on the BarKode UI, use secondary scan to scan in other barcode values such as serial number, IMEI Number or MAC Address
- - Attachments – Add attachments such as photos to your Asset record from your mobile device
- - Audit Scan – Carry out quick audits, by owner or location, setting the status of missing Assets so you can investigate post audit
- - Consumables management – Setup your SMA to provide full stock or consumables management, track the usage of ink, toner paper or any consumable that you need, with scanning in and out of stock on the go
- - Location Scan – Scan all the assets in a single location in seconds, of any asset type setting the location value, even set a barcode for your location and scan the door on the way in to set the location value.
- - Owner Scan- Scan all the assets that you have assigned to any user, enabling better starters and leavers processes, track assets in the User record of your KACE SMA
- - Bluetooth, laser and RFID Compatible – Add a Bluetooth scanner so you can scan in low light areas or even RFID if you have the tags
In our upcoming release not only have we taken the time to refresh the look and feel of the app, but we are also planning to include the following:
- Scan Asset value to custom Barcode field in Inventory Asset Section – Replacing the Asset TAG option that we have used for the last few years, this will allow you to create a scannable value that is visible in the correct places within inventory and compatible with Go App functionality, if you need to use it…….
- - Generic Search across multiple fields – Entering text will enable a search of the string in multiple asset fields, so you can find if the string appears in the name, asset tag, serial number etc etc
- - GPS location recording – Recording of the GPS coordinates so you can physically see where your assets were last scanned
- - More detail in Audit scans – Providing more detail on the audit screen so you know what type of asset you are looking for rather than just the Asset number, and also having the ability to mark an asset as audited but needing attention, as well as the standard Active or Missing status.
- - Asset data graphs on the App UI – so each Barkode user can see what assets they have scanned, how many where etc etc
For those of you using or planning on using Asset Management within KACE, why not let us know what features and functions in BarKode would make your life easier, save time, or just help you use KACE better. Reply to this post or contact us via www.indigomountain.co.uk