LATEST - April 2019 KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager
We are excited to announce our most recent updates to KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager!
- Android Fully Managed Devices — The new Fully Managed Android Device feature lets administrators set up Android devices in fully managed mode for optimal control—it also includes new restrictions and a new Android Options library. Learn more
Enhancements to Features and Functionality:
- Multi-Configuration for Android Apps — This feature enhancement allows the creation of multiple configurations for a single Android app. Not all apps allow this functionality, but an administrator can determine which apps are available for multi-configuration by locating the gear icon adjacent to the app in the master list.
- Android Agent Version — An admin can now install the latest version of the KACE Android Agent app to any Android device by selecting the device, then selecting Install Agent App in the Android drop-down. Once Install Agent App is selected, the most recent version of the app will be pulled up automatically, and an admin only needs to approve permissions and save to deploy.
- Device History Charting — Device history now includes a chart feature that provides visualization of activity relating to successful, pending, and failed commands as well as KACE Lifecycle events (enroll/unenroll), label add/remove, and manual runs of inventory. Chart filters include activity type and date range.
- New Filtering Capabilities — Our device and user filtering capabilities now include passcode policy and restriction options that are specific to device management policies: iOS Default, Android Personal, and Android Work (fully managed).
- Reboot for Android 7.0+ — An admin can send a 'Reboot' command that will attempt to restart one or more fully managed Android devices.
- Reassign/Unassign Company-Owned Device(s)
- When reassigning a company-owned device that is Android Fully Managed or iOS Supervised, all applied configurations (e.g., apps, Wi-fi, VPN) will be removed. All configurations set for auto-deployment to your company devices will then be deployed to the device. An admin can also choose to clear the passcode from the device during the process.
- When unassigning a user from a company-owned device, the current user is removed and no new user is assigned. When unassigning a company-owned device that is Android Fully Managed or iOS Supervised, all applied configurations (e.g., apps, wi-fi, VPN) will be removed. An admin can also choose to clear the passcode from the device during the process.
- Subscription Details — Additional subscription information is now listed on the Settings page, including subscription type, start and end dates, and available licenses. If you're running a trial subscription, you will have access to a button for renewal that will allow you to automatically renew for another 30 days if you need additional time to evaluate the product.
Be sure to check out the KACE Cloud MDM Product Support page to find solution articles, tips and tricks, documentation, notifications, video tutorials, and a product user forum.
KACE published this article Windows 10 Build Upgrade Deployment Walkthrough (255380). That article is only supported by them if you are upgrading from ie Windows 10 1703 to 1809, but is not supported for upgrade from either Windows 7 or Windows 8.
The reason behind that is due to possible driver incompatibility. If a driver is not fully compatible with Windows 10 the upgrade will fail providing a warning.
Here is the command line to go around that:
setup.exe /auto upgrade /quiet /showoobe /quiet /compact ignorewarning
An organized business operates more successfully than a disorganized one. The problem is, entropy impacts profitable operations as it does the natural world. Systems of order trend toward chaos. To retain competitive edge, it's paramount to integrate the latest organizational paradigms into operation. SaaS solutions have their place, but ERP can be better.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software is key in keeping operations organized in a visible, internally manageable way. Inventory management, planning, and production scheduling are all facilitated through such software.
This increases visibility, and makes it possible to function more efficiently as a business. Especially in complex operations like supply chains, ERP is a key factor of sustainable profitability.
The Value Of “Visible” Supply Chains
The more “visible” your supply chain is, the more closely you can manage it. ERP often includes APM. Consider these 10 APM features as you go about designing operational infrastructure, and establishing ERP protocols. Application Performance Monitoring is key in effective infrastructural management, and supply chain enablement.
Basically, with APM used in agreement with an ERP software option, you can determine specific Key Performance Indicators, or KPIs, pertaining to operations such as manufacturing, supply, Research and Development (R&D), and more. When the speed of delivery to X area increases or decreases, you can determine how effective transition Y was.
This is an illustrative hypothetical, but you get the idea: specific operational changes can be measured, or determined, using such options. Inventory planning and purchasing can be more clearly defined, allowing for more effectively managed financial resources.
With ERP and associated APM utilizing KPIs, insight into supply chain components is more clear, allowing you to identify where optimization or rethinking of protocols is necessary. Also, when issues arise, you can tackle them quicker, deferring negative fallout.
ERP makes areas of operation that require reworking more visible, additionally identifying those already functioning well. You can find “bottlenecks” that are neither anticipated nor necessary, and fix them. ERP additionally reduces the need for managers to foist non-productive and repetitive tasks on personnel, allowing them to be maximized in more appropriate areas of operation.
Automation is more effective and reliable than it's ever been, and this trend is on the increase. ERP automation helps you keep from assigning unnecessarily repetitive tasks to valuable personnel.
Information Available In Real Time
Owing to Big Data, solutions in terms of ERP provide more effective, elucidating information than ever before. Terabytes can be processed essentially instantaneously, which can help you direct manufacturing, supply chains, and other infrastructural factors more efficiently. Employees and investors can more clearly understand what is either hampering or enabling operations.
For meetings which may involve sales or merger, such real-time information is hard to over-value. Additionally, the majority of ERP solutions make it possible to pull information from diverse databases. Such information is consolidated in an easily-navigable interface for simplicity and understanding, facilitating more clear and successful growth in terms of scaling.
When everything is more visible, employees are maximized, and productivity is enhanced, associated operational costs are reduced. Reduced expenses yield increased buying power and freed up resources to be used in things like R&D. Human errors are likewise reduced via automation, and you can curb unnecessary spending.
Finding The Right ERP Software
Given these advantages, you'll want to carefully seek ERP solutions so that the greatest available advantage is sustained. Cloud monitoring solutions are presently available, and you should strive to find ERP solutions which facilitate the greatest visibility of the largest portion of data. The more data you can see in real time, the greater your optimization potential.
In terms of automation solutions facilitating cost reduction, supply chain maximization, manufacturing facilitation, and real-time data visibility, there's little better than cogent ERP software to maximize the potentiality of your enterprise.
An explanation video discussing Single Sign-On (SSO) with ADFS is available: ADFS SSO