Here again your favorite Random Dude.
So today the company I work for decided to pay some Azure access for me. One of the things I wanted to try was having an SMA on Azure and see how it goes, now I search for documentation on how but I didn't like it so I just wanted to share here what I did hoping that is clear for other people.
Just to leave it clear, I am not an Azure expert by any mean and I am pretty sure that experts should know better ways to achieve the same.
2. Search for KACE
3. Create on the version you would like to deploy (I did the SMA)
4. Select the hard drive size (no other difference)
5. Configure the VM according to your needs
6. Deploy the VM
7. When the VM is deployed it will auto start
8. Use the public IP that Azure will provide you to access the graphical interface for the first time
9. Before you finish the initial setup click on "Not configured" next to DNS name
10. Set the DNS name
11. During the initial setup when the SMA ask you for the network settings put special care to the DNS Hostname and the DOMAIN they MUST MATCH with that you had in the step 10 or you might not be able to access the graphical interface later on
12. Finish the initial setup
13. The appliance will reboot as expected and you should have access to the interface.
I hope that this guide helps someone. If you have any questions or comments put them down there.