Outlook 2010 provides a prime business format with personal email accessible tools to more than 400 million Microsoft office users all over the world. After the release of Outlook 2010 by Microsoft, communication can be done in an easy manner. Students, employees, etc. can use Outlook 2010 for school and office work and many more utilizations are possible.
As we have limited storage space in Outlook mailbox, and keeping a backup can help us to archive mailboxes. So, we can free up space in the mailbox to store more email items and don’t need to purchase server space.
You can go through the following benefits of keeping backup in Outlook 2010.
Benefits of Keeping Backup in Outlook 2010
- This basically helps to provide protection against server crash as it helps to store the PST/OST file in offline mode. So you can use the file when required.
- If there is accidental deletion of the mailbox, we can recover it using backup. As there is a retention policy in Outlook, your deleted emails are saved for a certain time period. If you realised the deletion after the retention period then backup is your only option.
- For legal requirement purposes, if important mailbox files are deleted. You can recover it.
- For conveying or increasing the portability of Outlook mailbox data.
Steps to Save Outlook 2010 Emails to Hard Drive Automatically
The method which saves the Outlook 2010 emails to the hard drive automatically are as follow-:
Method 1- Save PST file in a separate Hard Drive
If you want to save the PST file in a separate Hard drive, then you must follow some steps-:
- First, we have to open MS Outlook, then click the File tab, and after that click on the Account setting.
- Now, we have to select the Data File Tab and choose the PST file from the different files.
- After this, you have to click on the Open folder option.
- By this, you will come up with a folder where the PST file is saved.
- At last, we need to copy the PST file in the Internal or External Hard drive location.
Method 2-Convert MS Outlook Emails into PST format by Import/Export Feature
If you want to Export/Import MS Outlook emails into PST format, then you have to follow some steps-:
- First, you have to start Outlook and then click on Open and Export.
- You will see the Import and Export options.
- From the above step, click on the Export option.
- After that select the Outlook data file(.pst).
- Now, you have to click on the Browse button and after that Choose a location where you want to save the PST file with a proper name to the file.
- Click OK.
- After clicking OK, your emails will get saved in the PST form.
Method 3- Save the Single or Small Number of Outlook Email into MSG and HTML
- If you want to save the Outlook file in MSG
- You will have to open Outlook and then Select any email.
- After that Drag and Drop the file on the desktop so as to save the Outlook file in the hard drive in MSG format.
- If you want to save the Outlook file in HTML
- You have to open any email you want to see on Outlook.
- Now, click on the File and save as an option.
- After this, you have to select HTML or MHT as a save type and give the file a name.
- Click on the Save button.
You can follow the above methods if you want to save Outlook 2010 emails to the Hard drive automatically. If you are looking forward for a more secure way then you can read here.
I have come up with a solution to save Outlook 2010 Emails to a Hard drive automatically tested on the basis of the method. You can save PST file on a separate hard drive and can convert Outlook emails into PST format by Export feature. Backup acts as a safeguard during accidental deletion, data loss, and inaccessibility of Outlook emails. Having this in mind, I will recommend you to save Outlook 2010 emails to the Hard drive automatically.