What is BarKode?
BarKode v4 for KACE, is latest release of our BarKode Asset Management Enablement product.
It comprises of a BarKode scanning application for your smartphone and a BarKode appliance which manages the data flow between the app and your KACE SMA.
What does BarKode do?
BarKode enables the implementation and management of the key Asset Management processes needed to manage all the IT related hardware in your environment. Those key processes are:
- - Starters and Leavers
- - Goods In
- - Stores and stock
- - Installations, moves and changes
- - Retirement and removal
Implementing and managing these processes will not only increase efficiency in your IT support function by saving you time and effort, they will also enable you to provide an even better level of service to your end user community, just by knowing what you have, where it is, who is using it and what it is worth
How does it help and why should I use it?
BarKode is programmed with new workflows that enable you to make decisions, on the outcome of your scans, right at the point of data entry. BarKode also enables you to quickly and easily manage asset data as you go along, putting the control and accuracy of asset data right in the palm of your hand. No more waiting to update data when your techs get back to their desks.
Great new functionality in this release includes:
- Generic Search – Enter 3 characters and see the results on your app of a comprehensive look up search including key fields such as Asset name, Asset number, Machine name, serial number, comments etc
- Geo Location Scanning – Enable location services in the app and view actual mapped location that an asset was last scanned, either in the app UI or also available within your KACE SMA.
- Existing Asset enrolment – Easy process for applying Asset tags to existing assets, enabling rapid rollout of barcode asset tags in your environment.
- Damaged Asset Tag replacement – Lookup Asset details and replace damaged or missing Asset tags as you need them, no more duplicate assets
Standard KACE Functionality – BarKode now uses standard KACE fields to record data including Location, Status and Barcode
And also, don’t forget we still have all this existing functionality:
- Secondary Scan Data Entry – Scan your asset then enter the serial number, IMEI or MAC Address from a second barcode, remove errors due to typing inaccuracy
- Bluetooth Functionality – Attach a laser or RFID scanner via Bluetooth to enable even better functionality and quicker scanning.
- Multiple Scan – Scanning in a big order, set the fixed data variable (location, status) in the barKode UI then quickly scan multiple asset records in seconds.
- Owner Scan – Assign multiple assets to an owner, quickly in a single scan
- Location Scan – Set the location value and scan everything in sight to set all assets to that physical location.
- Audit Scan – Complete comprehensive audits, based on Owner or Location, see the assets you need to find in your handheld UI, view confirmation as you find them, assign status to both found and missing assets and resolve any other anomalies in the BarKode UI as you go along.
- Consumables Scan – Turn your KACE SMA into a stock control system, set you locations, set up your consumable Assets based on Retail barcodes, scan stock in and out as used, get minimum stock level alerts and easily report on stock or consumable usage.
How do I get to try BarKode in my environment?
Just get in touch using any of the following options
Website : www.IndigoMountain.co.uk or via
Email : email@example.com or
Download a free 30 POC version from this link
What does BarKode cost?
With our new release comes new pricing, subscription pricing gives you some great options and enables you to have all this great BarKode functionality from as little as $50 a month, per scanning device.
Other Indigo Mountain Products and Services
DASHboard for KACE - Your Metrics, Your Way, Your DASHboard
For more information about DASHboard click here
ServiceNow/ KACE integration appliance
KACE Benchmark Survey