CCTK - Enable "Remote Wake Up" in BIOS with "On w/boot to NIC"?
As mentioned in the title, I can't seem to find the right setting for doing this - in CCTK.
I've used these three settings:
--embnic1 [On] and tried with [EnableWithServerImageBoot]
On the test machine (Dell T3400), the [Power Management] > [Remote Wake Up] > [On w/boot to NIC] isn't active.
Only [On] is active...
How and what setting is required to do that?
you need the power management Wake on LAN, could be the brackets vs an = sign
enable, disable, bootseq, addincard, onboard, enablewakeonwlan,
Defines the wake-on-LAN feature.
• enable — The system wake-on-LAN feature is enabled; either an
onboard or an add-in NIC can wake the system up.
• disable — The system does not respond to magic packets or other
means of wake-on-LAN. The NIC chip section that looks for packets
will not be powered.
• addincard — Enables NICs, plugged into the special power connector,
as the source of any wake-on-LANan signal.
• onboard — The onboard NIC is enabled for wake-on-LAN.
• enablewakeonwlan — Enables wake-on-LAN for wireless.
• lanorwlan — On systems that have onboard LAN and wireless LAN
hardware, enables wake on either wired or wireless LAN.
see this for all commands
I got a tip, using the "override" feature, and the BIOS setting is now set properly.
From this pdf: "dell-clnt-config-toolkit-v2.1_Reference Guide_en-us.pdf" page 90-91
And it's the same pdf you have linked to...
And I didnt use brackets, just for showing you what I have chosen :) my bad
And wakeonlan was enabled.
I'll mark my own answer as correct, because its the override feature that did it :)
Thank you for answering!