I am facing the following problem scenario:
- build an MSI the normal way ex: MyTest.msi
- rename it, leaving the msi extension. ex: MyTest_V1.0.0.msi
- Test it, it works. install success.
- Again repeat process. this time rename to ex: MyTest_V2.0.0.msi
- Test it, and it fails with a 'network error', while the file is on a local disk.
"A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file MyTest_V1.0.0.msi"
What gives, can't we simply rename an MSI file? Is there some issue that prevents this? Now i stuck in this. please guide.