Windows 7 Audit Mode - How do you use it?
Closed the question. Appears I really have no big use of Audit mode, as .I don't have any drivers, programs and speciel settings in my Win 7 image, to keep it clean. Drivers, programs and speciel settings are deployed via Capainstaller and GPO's.
Deployment to Nodes with DIFFERENT Hardware:
1. Start with Windows Reference OS Image.
2. Install Image to the Computer with 'Different Hardware'.
3. After installation, run c:\Windows\System32\sysprep>sysprep.exe /audit /generalize /shutdown
4. Boot the computer to Audit Mode - enable you to install 3rd-party apps, device drivers and to test the functionality of the computer
5. Capture Image by using K2000 KBE (K2000 BOOT ENVIRONMENT) > Imaging> Capture image of this machine
6. Save this Reference Image (K-image) to install on Computers with the same Configuration.
7. If you have Computers with different hardware, boot to Audit Mode
8. Install Additional Apps & Updates based on customer's orders.
9. Run c:\Windows\System32\sysprep>sysprep.exe /oobe /shutdown