1. Netscape 7.1 - Download Netscape Offline Installer, extract files from Offline Installer by launching install and when welcome screen appears open windows explorer and browse to %temp%\ns_temp. Copy this folder to another location.
2. Capture and clean install using your favorite packaging tool to create a usable MSI. (I received an error when trying to install extracted install from network location...copied it to local machine & it worked fine)
3. Install using your MSI. Launch application and close. This will create a prefs.js in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\*******.slt\. Create a copy of this file for reference.
4. Relaunch Netscape and configure user specific settings (I.E. Proxy info, Proxy Exceptions, cache capacity & homepage) close netscape and get a second copy of prefs.js.
5. Compare 2 copies of prefs.js delete dups from 2nd copy and rename file to user.js. (I have noticed that showbutton prefs do not get applied correctly...GUI-Prefs show correct settings but buttons still appear if settings are turned on then off again buttons disappear)
6. Edit your MSI and add user.js to Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\defaults\profile\us. During install user.js will get copied to %USERPROOFILE%\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\*******.slt\.
7. user.js Info: A) read-only by App..can still be edited by user because it is in profile B) last .js file applied before launch and will overwrite duplicate entries applied in ns.js, all-ns.js & prefs.js.
8. This user.js process will not work if a user already has a valid netscape profile.
2) Run NSSetupB.exe, and when the welcome page of the installation wizard is presented, lanuch the Windows File Explorer and copy source files from %temp%\ns_temp to a network shared folder
3) Edit CONFIG.INI in source files to change "Run Mode=Normal" in the topmost section, "[General]" to "Auto" if you want to show some dialogs, but none requiring user input. It will automatically install the product using default values. You may also change the "Run Mode" value to "Silent" to show no dialogs at all. It will install product using default values.
4) Run Setup.exe from the copy of the source files created in step two containing the udpated CONFIG.INI updated in step three.
By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent
Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our
websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our
efforts, please visit